Saturday, July 30, 2011

Comment Challenge: A Mystery!

This technology has its mysteries, for those who may think it too scientific. There is actually an element of magic. For my last post, I was delighted to find that the author of two of the books highlighted, had made a comment, and instantly. So exciting! Someone making a comment! I opened it with great expectations, because people so seldom make comments. And since then I've been trying to make a comment in reply. I've tried my name, my blog address, my email address and each is rejected. On my own blog! Now I have made comments on my own blog before. I am not using any different methods than I've done when I have succeeded. So clearly I have forgotten the magic indicator. Yes, you are right, the next time I succeed, I should instantly write down the steps. What I find though, is that after a variety of trials, when you get through you can't remember which was the successful one.

So I'm glad you saw the comments, June, as I was wondering how to let you know that I had mentioned your books. I was once a member of the SCBWI, and even attended a mini-conference in New York, where I learnt to my amazement, that some series authors no longer write their own books. Instead, they give a team of writers employed by the publisher, the plot, and off goes the team writing away. I must tell you that at the time I felt like a child who had just been told that there was no Santa Claus. However since then I view the world though more sophisticated eyes, I think.

Back to the SCBWI. We have been in touch with Joanne but at that time I think we were told to contact the group in the Northern Caribbean, and we were never able to contact anyone. So maybe it's time to check out the Southern Caribbean again. All one Caribbean, isn't it.

1 comment:

  1. It would be nice to have a general Caribbean link to the SCBWI

    ReplyDelete